Resources for your faith journey
- Music A classic first – the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald singing God Be With You Till We Meet Again, then something more contemporary from Maverick City Music, Doxology.
- Poem The priest and poet Malcolm Guite reflects on wrestling with scripture in this poem, He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For your prayers
From the electoral roll this week, we ask you to pray for: Lola NELSON; Ruth NICHOLLS; Dorothy and Uchechukwu NNENE; Ajani NURSE; Nigel and Ruth NURSE; and all their families and loved ones.
For our parish, please pray for all who live or work on: Whitehead Close; Wigston Close; Wilbury Way; Windmill Road; and Winsford Terrace.
- August I will be moving into the vicarage (at last!) in a couple of weeks and will also be taking annual leave – as a result I will not be available for most of August. Next week I will send out details of Sunday readings and links to online sermons for the rest of the month.
- Church heating The engineers started work this week installing our new heating – they expect to be finished in another week or so.
I am so grateful to everybody who has contributed to our fundraising appeal over the last few weeks. We have received many donations and every one of them, however large or small, is deeply appreciated. I am also grateful to everyone who has been involved in other ways, especially to Chris Littler, the Standing Committee and the PCC for their tireless work. Team work – thank you all
- Gardening Thank you to everyone who has helped out with the gardening recently. The gardening team meet every Wednesday at 10.30 for 2 hours and all are welcome – no experience necessary. Bring tools if you have them.
- Big Clean Up On Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 August we will be having a Big Clean Up at church, getting ready to re-open the following Sunday, 6 September. There will be lots to do – gardening, cleaning, tidying, throwing things away, getting everything Covid-secure before we gather to worship God together for the first time since March. All hands on deck! We need as many people as possible to help out.
- Faithful departed St Aldhelm’s will be represented at the funeral of Edith Ashely later this week – numbers are strictly limited but we hope to hold a memorial service later in the year. Pastor Sid Dawkins of the Beulah Church, which worships in our hall, also passed away recently. We pray for both Edith and Pastor Sid, confident that they are with God in glory, and pray also for their families and everyone who mourns their passing.