Resources for your faith journey
- Music A great modern hymn with words that echo this reflection, All Are Welcome, and a great song by Nigerian gospel singer Mercy Chinwo, purely because I love her voice.
- Objects of Hope I was asked by Hampstead Parish Church to contribute a video to their series about Objects of Hope – it’s only 3 minutes long, so if you are interested you can find it here.
- Open churches Although we are not ready at St Aldhelm’s to open for private prayer just yet, other churches in our area are starting to open up. Check websites before making a trip:
Holy Trinity, Winchmore Hill: Mon – Fri 12-12.30pm & Sunday 10.30-12.30pm
Michael, Gordon Hill:Wed 11-2pm, Sat 10-5pm, Sun 11-2pm
George, Freezywater:Wed 11-12pm, Thur 6.30-7.30pm, Sat 11-12pm, Sun 9-9.45am
Paul, Winchmore Hill:Tues 9-5pm, Wed 9-1pm & 6-8pm, Sun 8-2pm
John, Palmers Green:Wed 10-12pm, Sun 10-12pm
All Saints, Edmonton: Mon, Tues, Thur 8-6pm, Wed & Fri 8-3pm
Peter & Paul, Enfield Lock:Wed 2-3pm, Thurs 10.30-11.30am
St Andrew’s Southgate: Sundays 9am-7pm
Christ Church, Southgate: Sunday 0930-1030 and 1100-1200
Prayer for today
God our Saviour, look on this wounded world in pity and in power; hold us fast to your promises of peace won for us by your Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ.
For your prayers
From the electoral roll this week, we ask you to pray for: the IKOROHA family; Mary IRISH; Ezekiel and Chi ISICHEI; Michael and Kim JENNER; Gaynor JIPPS; and all their families and loved ones.
For our parish, please pray for all who live or work on: Petersfield Close; Pickwick Mews; Plowman Close; Rayleigh Road; and Rylston Road. Also for everyone at the Millfield Theatre.
If you would like to be added to the prayer list please email or text me. Thank you.
- Church heating Nearly there! We are making a last push for funds to get the church heating fixed. We are now just a few thousand pounds short – if you can spare any money to help ensure we can get the heating done before the winter please send a cheque to the vicarage, 2 Windmill Road N18 1PA or make a bank transfer to our bank account: account name: St Aldhelm’s Parochial Church Council; sort code 40-52-40; account number 00009377.
I am deeply grateful to everyone who has donated, to the diocese for a small grant and in particular to an anonymous donor who made a very significant gift which has taken us close to our target of £28,000. Thank you.
- Fundraising Your gifts to church are really important and every penny is received gratefully and valued. But there are other ways to secure money for the church and we are working hard to maximise them. We have now received a second grant to pay for these weekly mailings, which means they can continue for the foreseeable future, and thanks to some networking by members of the Mothers’ Union, we were invited to make an application for a grant from Asda. Your prayers for our fundraising efforts would be very welcome!
If you have any other notices or if you would like to be added to the prayer list please get in touch with Mother Anna on 07845 137233 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.